- Tether Tools replaces its popular JerkStopper cable protection tool with its new TetherGuard systemon 20th May 2022 at 20:41
Camera accessory manufacturer Tether Tools has released an updated version of one of its most […]
- Film Friday: Large format scans from Markus Hofstätter's ultra-large format scanner rebuildon 20th May 2022 at 14:00
Left: A crop of the first scan Hofstätter made with his large format scanner. Right: […]
- Tokina releases $400 33mm F1.2 manual lenses for Fujifilm X, Sony E mount APS-C camerason 20th May 2022 at 11:01
Tokina has announced its latest lens, an SZ 33mm F1.2 manual prime for Fujifilm X-mount and Sony […]
- Apple responds to open letter calling for Final Cut Pro improvementson 19th May 2022 at 17:27
Back in April, more than 100 individuals involved in worldwide television and movie production […]
- Laowa launches its campaign for its ultra-compact APS-C Nanomorph anamorphic lenseson 19th May 2022 at 14:31
Laowa has launched its Indiegogo campaign page for its new Nanomorph anamorphic lenses, revealing […]
- How to turn your smartphone into a better vlogging rigon 19th May 2022 at 14:18
Smartphones have become increasingly effective at creating high-quality video on-the-go. From […]
- Photographer Admits to Stealing Funds from Local Photo Associationby Matt Growcoot on 20th May 2022 at 19:39
An astrophotographer is facing two years imprisonment after he admitted to defrauding and stealing from a professional photographer’s association in Australia. [Read More]
- VSCO’s New Collage Feature Allows for Mixed Media Creativityby Jaron Schneider on 20th May 2022 at 19:26
VSCO has updated its app to include the ability to create different types of collages, an enhancement that goes beyond the typical single image editing that most know the app for. [Read More]
- Wedding Photographer Tells Couple to Act Drunk, Gets Amazing Portraitsby Matt Growcoot on 20th May 2022 at 18:49
Photographers are tasked with making their subjects feel relaxed for great-looking shots, and one Canadian photographer has a novel approach to her work: asking her clients to pretend to be drunk. [Read More]
- All About Photo 2022 Awards the Top Single Images of the Yearby Jaron Schneider on 20th May 2022 at 17:54
All About Photo has announced the winners of its 2022 competition that recognizes the best single images from photographers around the world. [Read More]
- Nikon’s Profits Are Up, But its Market Share is Still Worryingly Lowby Mike Smith on 20th May 2022 at 17:07
Nikon recently released its annual results which are a key metric in determining how well the manufacturer is doing both in terms of short-term finances as well as implementing its medium-term strategy. The quick takeaway is that it's making more money, but that camera market share is worryingly low. What does this mean for it going forward? [Read More]
- McDonald’s and Wendy’s Sued for Misleading Ad Photos of Burgersby Matt Growcoot on 20th May 2022 at 16:48
McDonald’s and Wendy’s are being sued by a New York man who claims that advertisements for their burgers look much bigger than they actually are. [Read More]
- Does the New DJI Mic Have a Noise Problem?by Michael Breitung on 20th May 2022 at 21:00
I finally received my DJI Mic after pre-ordering it more than a month ago, and at first, I was disappointed. When I did the initial test with the DJI Receiver connected to my Canon R5, the audio I recorded was much noisier than what I was used to from my old setup, for which I used a Zoom H1 with a Rode Lavalier GO. But there's a solution to this problem, and in this article, I share it with you. [ Read More ]
- 10 Tips to Help Beginner Photographers Improve Their Workby Alex Cooke on 20th May 2022 at 20:03
When you are learning photography, it can be a bit overwhelming trying to simultaneously balance all of the technical and creative ideas and techniques that go into making a successful photograph. If you are new to the pursuit and wondering how to grow, check out this fantastic video tutorial that features an experienced photographer giving 10 tips for improving as a photographer. [ Read More ]
- A Review of the New Sigma 35mm f/1.4 DG DN Art Lensby Alex Cooke on 20th May 2022 at 19:04
Sigma first hit the jackpot with the 35mm Art, which kicked off the entire series. The 35mm f/1.4 DG DN Art is the update to the original, and it brings with it a variety of improvements and new features. This excellent video review take a look at the lens and the sort of performance and image quality you can expect from it in practice. [ Read More ]
- Be Careful When There Are Too Many Compositions!by Christian Irmler on 20th May 2022 at 16:00
Sometimes, we try hard to find a composition, but sometimes, we get distracted by too many, and it gets hard to choose the best one. At home then, we have often to accept that all our images are just average. How can we avoid situations like that and come home with a masterpiece instead? [ Read More ]
- How to Use a Softbox to Create Beautiful Rim Light Portraitsby Robert K Baggs on 20th May 2022 at 14:02
There is a lot of flexibility within portraiture to create a wide array of different looks. One of the primary ways to put your own stamp on a shot is through lighting and this tutorial might be just the trick for your next shoot. [ Read More ]
- How To Remove Footprints in Sand Using Photoshopby Alex Cooke on 20th May 2022 at 12:01
When an image has a distinct texture or pattern, cleaning up blemishes or the like can be a bit trickier, as you need to replicate the texture and/or pattern accurately in order to create a convincing replacement. One such example is pristine sand that has been walked upon, and this excellent video tutorial will show you how to make it perfect again using Photoshop. [ Read More ]
- What’s My Camera Gear for Real Estate Photography?by Alex Coleman on 19th May 2022 at 15:32
Real estate photography can be quite gear-intensive, especially compared to some other photographic genres. Finding the best camera equipment for your real estate workflow can make the difference between delivering great quality images to your clients, and having to spend a lot of extra time on post-processing. In this guide, I’ll break down the gear I’ve found works best for residential and commercial real estate photography.
- Weekly News: Fuji & Canon Rumors, Photoshop Updateby Libor Vaicenbacher on 15th May 2022 at 21:26
If you’re reading this Weekly News, it means you made it through Friday the 13th. By the way, did you know that in Latin America, the unlucky day is Tuesday the 13th? So watch out for September, damas y caballeros. But let’s see what interesting news this week has brought. New products from Canon, Fuji, DJI and Leica are knocking on the door. The software developers haven’t been idle either and we’ve got a few contest picks, so let’s go for it.
- Best and Worst Deals of Nikon’s May Salesby Spencer Cox on 13th May 2022 at 22:24
A few times a year, Nikon tends to go wild and put nearly all their current products on sale. Now is one of those times, with a big sale that lasts until May 29. Which deals are worthwhile and which ones are duds? I'll go through each product one by one below.
- Recommended Lenses for an 8×10 Cameraby Spencer Cox on 12th May 2022 at 00:03
The bigger your film size, the harder it is to find lenses that work well. For 8x10, the largest common film format, that rings especially true. So, what should you look for in an 8x10 lens? There are a lot of factors, from coverage to lens sharpness. Today, I'll go through those factors and introduce the best 8x10 lenses.
- DJI Launches Mini 3 Pro: 4K 60p Video, 48MP Photos, 249gby Alex Coleman on 10th May 2022 at 13:01
DJI has officially launched the Mini 3 Pro, a drone that features high-end and novel capabilities, like 4K60 video, up to 47 minutes of flight time, and APAS 4.0 obstacle detection and avoidance. Importantly, the Mini 3 Pro with the Intelligent Flight Battery still comes in at under 250g. For my use of drones, however, image quality is the biggest factor – does the Mini 3 Pro deliver? In this first look, I’ll share the full details of the Mini 3 Pro, as well as some real-world sample photos from my hands-on time with DJI’s newest drone.
- Weekly News: Nikon Sales, Canon Mirrorless Rumors & Moreby Libor Vaicenbacher on 8th May 2022 at 23:31
Happy Mother's Day Sunday to our Photography Life readers! Starting this week, instead of a roundup of just the sales and deals in the photography world, I'll share the biggest photography news with you as well. Interesting things are happening this week with Capture One, Nikon, Canon, and more.
- The Best Gifts For Photographers for 2022 (Cheap Through to Expensive)by Kent DuFault on 20th May 2022 at 12:00
Here is a list of gifts for photographers that contains something for everyone. The post The Best Gifts For Photographers for 2022 (Cheap Through to Expensive) appeared first on Light Stalking.
- DSLR Camera Sales Post Amazing Rebound in Q1 2022 CIPA Numbersby Kehl Bayern on 20th May 2022 at 01:16
The story of DSLR camera sales has not been the happiest of tales for the past several years. But it looks like all of that changed this year as sales in the United States are up 131.8% over this time last year. What gives? Well, for anyone following the headlines in general, the explanation is The post DSLR Camera Sales Post Amazing Rebound in Q1 2022 CIPA Numbers appeared first on Light Stalking.
- How To Reduce Noise In Astrophotographyby Dahlia Ambrose on 19th May 2022 at 17:40
Astrophotography is capturing photographs of the night sky with astronomical objects in them, capturing celestial events and also capturing images of deep space objects. Since astrophotography is most of the time done at relatively high iso, there can be some sort of noise that will need to be reduced or eliminated either while photographing or when post-processing or both. In this article, we will look at how to reduce noise in astrophotography. The post How To Reduce Noise In Astrophotography appeared first on Light Stalking.
- Instagram Post of Her Charitable Work in Puerto Rico Using a Copyrighted Picture Gets Former Real Housewife Bethenny Frankel Suedby Kehl Bayern on 19th May 2022 at 02:05
Another celebrity found herself the subject of a copyright infringement lawsuit as New York City-based photographer Marcus Santos sued reality television star and founder of the Skinnygirl lifestyle brand Bethenny Frankel for using his picture of Puerto Rico post-Hurricane Maria. Frankel, for her part, was raising money as part of a humanitarian effort in the The post Instagram Post of Her Charitable Work in Puerto Rico Using a Copyrighted Picture Gets Former Real Housewife Bethenny Frankel Sued appeared first on Light Stalking.
- The Best Photography Contests In 2022by JasenkaG on 18th May 2022 at 14:00
There are plenty of photography contests around. If you are interested in taking part, here are 7 of the best photography contests out there The post The Best Photography Contests In 2022 appeared first on Light Stalking.
- Man Ray’s Le Violon d’Ingres Sells for Record-Setting $12.4 Millionby Kehl Bayern on 18th May 2022 at 02:51
There’s a huge market out there for surrealist photography and perhaps one much larger than initially estimated. Surrealist Man Ray’s work “Le Violon d’Ingres” just broke records for an image sold at auction, Pop Photo reports, selling for $USD 12.4 million when initial prices put the work between $USD 7-9 million. You’ll recall we brought The post Man Ray’s Le Violon d’Ingres Sells for Record-Setting $12.4 Million appeared first on Light Stalking.
- Phase One creates fully automated multispectral imaging solutionby firstname.lastname@example.org on 19th May 2022 at 13:00
Phase One has optimized the industry's first fully automated high-resolution multispectral imaging (MSI) workflow solution. The Phase One Rainbow MSI Solution allows users to use multispectral light to "precisely and non-invasively capture, process, and analyze images in paintings and artworks; ancient texts that may be invisible to the human eye; and objects and materials for accurate, detailed identification and classification – all at unprecedented speeds." The Phase One Rainbow MSI is the only system of its kind that delivers... (read more)
- Ricoh announces WG-80 compact all-in-one waterproof cameraby email@example.com on 18th May 2022 at 22:00
Ricoh Imaging Americas Corporation has announced the Ricoh WG-80, its latest durable, lightweight and waterproof compact digital camera. The rugged 16MP camera includes a 5x built-in zoom lens that delivers a 28-140mm equivalent focal length range and records FHD resolution video. The waterproof WG-80 is rated for use down to a depth of 14 meters (46 feet) for up to two hours, which is impressive. It's also shockproof against falls from about 1.6m (5'), dustproof, freezeproof and crushproof up to 100-kilogram... (read more)
- Panasonic Leica DG Summilux 9mm F1.7 ASPH announced for Micro Four Thirds: Hands-on with the compact wide-angle primeby firstname.lastname@example.org on 17th May 2022 at 14:00
Click here to see our Panasonic 9mm F1.7 ASPH Gallery Panasonic has announced the Leica DG Summilux 9mm F1.7 ASPH lens for Micro Four Thirds. The wide-angle lens is extremely compact and lightweight despite its fast F1.7 aperture. We've gone hands-on with the lens alongside an Olympus E-M1 Mark III, although we hope to use the new lens on a Panasonic GH6 body soon to give the lens the full review treatment. However, we've had enough time with the lens to offer some general thoughts about its design and performance. Before getting... (read more)
- Astronomers use the Event Horizon Telescope to capture the first image of the black hole at the center of our galaxyby email@example.com on 12th May 2022 at 14:30
Astronomers on the Event Horizon Telescope team have revealed the first image of the supermassive black hole at the center of the Milky Way galaxy. Scientists had previously observed stars orbiting something "invisible, compact, and very massive" at the center of the Milky Way. The evidence suggested that the object, known as Sagittarius A*, also known as Sgr A*, is a black hole. The new image provides the first direct visual evidence that this theory is correct. The black hole is completely dark, so we can't see it. However,... (read more)
- OM System 40-150mm F4 PRO Hands-on Review: OMDS delivers an impressively compact, lightweight and sharp telephoto zoom for Micro Four Thirdsby firstname.lastname@example.org on 11th May 2022 at 18:30
Click here to read our OM System 40-150mm F4 PRO Hands-on Review Alongside the OM-1 camera, OM Digital Solutions announced a pair of new OM System lenses, including the OM 40-150mm F4 PRO M.Zuiko Digital ED telephoto zoom lens. This all-new lens offers the same focal length as the Olympus 40-150mm F2.8 PRO lens but fills a different role and offers varied benefits. Along with its slower aperture, the 40-150mm F4 PRO lens is smaller, lighter and cheaper. The size and weight of the OM 40-150mm F4 PRO lens is one of its biggest... (read more)
- Sony announces Xperia 1 IV smartphone with optical zoom, 4K 120p and much moreby email@example.com on 11th May 2022 at 11:00
Today, Sony has announced its latest flagship smartphone, the Xperia 1 IV. The smartphone includes many impressive new features for photography, videography and gaming. The phone has a 6.5-inch OLED display with 4K resolution. The 21:9 display has a 120Hz refresh rate and 240Hz touch-scanning rate. The display uses Sony's Bravia HDR remaster technology for improved contrast, color and clarity. It's Sony's brightest 4K HDR OLED 120Hz display ever. Plus, the Xperia 1 IV is equipped with Dolby Atmos surround sound. Unlike an iPhone,... (read more)
- Tether Tools replaces its popular JerkStopper cable protection tool with its new TetherGuard systemCamera accessory manufacturer Tether Tools has released an updated version of one of its most popular products, the JerkStopper. After over a decade of service in various iterations, JerkStopper is be …
- Film Friday: Large format scans from Markus Hofstätter's ultra-large format scanner rebuildLeft: A crop of the first scan Hofstätter made with his large format scanner. Right: Aforementioned scanner taking up the entire back of his hatchback. Last week, we shared the first part of a two par …
- Tokina releases $400 33mm F1.2 manual lenses for Fujifilm X, Sony E mount APS-C camerasTokina has announced its latest lens, an SZ 33mm F1.2 manual prime for Fujifilm X-mount and Sony E-mount APS-C camera systems. The lens, which offers a roughly 50mm full-frame equivalent focal length, …
- Apple responds to open letter calling for Final Cut Pro improvementsBack in April, more than 100 individuals involved in worldwide television and movie production signed and published an open letter to Apple CEO Tim Cook requesting the Cupertino company put more effor …
- Laowa launches its campaign for its ultra-compact APS-C Nanomorph anamorphic lensesLaowa has launched its Indiegogo campaign page for its new Nanomorph anamorphic lenses, revealing more details about compact anamorphic lenses. After a brief delay in the launch of the campaign, the f …
Notice: Undefined index: order in /home/www/modernphotoclub.com/wp-content/plugins/rss-import/rssimport.php on line 2280
Notice: Uninitialized string offset: 0 in /home/www/modernphotoclub.com/wp-content/plugins/rss-import/rssimport.php on line 2174
Notice: Uninitialized string offset: 0 in /home/www/modernphotoclub.com/wp-content/plugins/rss-import/rssimport.php on line 2175
Notice: Uninitialized string offset: 0 in /home/www/modernphotoclub.com/wp-content/plugins/rss-import/rssimport.php on line 2176
Notice: Uninitialized string offset: 0 in /home/www/modernphotoclub.com/wp-content/plugins/rss-import/rssimport.php on line 2177